Tuesday, December 25, 2007

All My Love

Written for my son currently stationed in Iraq: Heather Jennings

I saw this poem today on the Task Force Marne site and thought it appropriate on Christmas Day to post it for all to see. Though these words come from one mom to her son Nathaniel, she speaks for so many other families with loved ones serving away from home, so that others can enjoy their families at this special time of year. These words and feelings are shared by so many of us and so nicely said by Heather.


ALL MY LOVE

To the Army you are a soldier,
But you’re still my child, my son.
As a warrior you’ve grown strong and bolder,
But you’re still my cherished one.

When America beckoned, you answered the call,
And bravely you vowed to serve God and country.
As an American soldier you stand strong and tall,
And defend the world’s right to be free.

You love your mother, your family; I know;
And that same love we feel for you, too.
We try to smile as through each day we go,
And pray God will bring you home soon.

I hope you know, deep in your heart,
For you my love’s never-ending.
I’m proud of my son and though we’re apart…
Across the miles all my love I am sending!

Take Care,
Come home safe,
All my love,
Momma

No comments: