Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Chris!

Today is Chris' 26th birthday and the first birthday I have not been able to wish him a Happy Birthday. I know it's only two little words but as a Mom it's one of those things that mean a lot. I'm not quite sure where he is at the moment but I do know he is on his way home. His journey started on the 14th and will end tomorrow.

I know that Chris's day today was exciting for him because he is headed home and he probably hasn't even given it a second thought that he didn't get his traditional "Happy Birthday". We plan on taking him to dinner at Morton's of Chicago (his favorite place to go for special ocassions) but it makes me sad to know he is alone on his birthday and I didn't even get to wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! However, I am estatic that he will be home soon and we will make up for his birthday alone!

No comments: