Saturday, December 15, 2007

So Excited I Can Hardly Stand It

Well, the count down is on. It won't be too much longer until Chris is back on American soil, at least for 18 days. We aren't sure when he will arrive but I know this much...it can't be soon enough. I talked to him yesterday and he was so excited...in fact he said he could barely sleep. I can sympathize. Christmas is always an exciting time of year but this year it has a whole new meaning. I am just like a kid waiting for Santa.

I know the 18 days are going to fly by. Especially because of my surgery next week, Christmas, Chris' wedding, but it is 18 days of not having to worry if Chris is having rockets fired at him or finding IED's or if he is okay.

I have my welcome home sign ready to put above the front door and one to take to the airport. Incidentally, if any of you are interested Oriental Trading Company has some super nice Welcome Home Banners. There are three sizes available and they look great.

Now I wait for the phone to ring to give us an update on where Chris is and when he might arrive home. We can hardly wait...

No comments: