Monday, January 4, 2010

Technology is Awesome

It absolutely amazes me that we have such awesome technology these days that we can actually video call Itaq and see our loved ones. It's the next best thing to seeing them in person. I spoke with Nick this weekened via Skype and it was so great to be able to see him as well as hear his voice.

Nick looked and sounded great and seemed to be doing quite well. He is very excited that he will be changing jobs soon. Joey was at work when I called Nick and was so jealous when he found out that we had talked. Now he can't wait to give him a call...which I'm sure will be chocked full of laughs. The two are hilarious together!!!

Skype video calls are totally free and enable families to keep in better touch with there loved ones while deployed. I just started using Skype and am now trying to get my friends in England and Italy to sign up. It is absolutely the next best thing to being there.

Thanks Skype!

1 comment:

KellyK said...

I agree that Skype is wonderful. My son and I used it when he was deployed in Iraq. We also use it to connect with other out of state family members on holidays. It's so nice to see nieces and nephews as they are growing up. You just can't get that with photos.