Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm A Soldier's Mom

I’M A SOLDIER’S MOM

I'm a Soldier’s Mom ~ but do not weep for me
I'm waiting and praying
I'm on pins & needles
I toss and turn all night
He's my last thought before I
finally fall asleep at night
my first when I wake each morning

I'm a Soldier’s Mom - but do not weep for me
I hear his words, see his face and his posture as he says
"Mom, I'm ready to go
I'm prepared to go
It's my job to go
I'll volunteer to go
I need to get my mind set to go"

I'm a Soldier's Mom ~ but do not weep for me
For you
For our children
and our children's children
For our Country
For their Country

I'm a Soldier's Mom ~ but do not weep for me
I'm proud of my son's
Patriotism
Inner strength
Vision
Dreams
Desire
Willingness
I'm proud to be an American
I'm proud to be Free

Yes ~ I'm a Soldier's Mom ~ but do not weep for me!!!

No comments: