Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Chat With Chris

This evening I got home from work and I did my usual...got on the computer to see what I could find out about the guys. I was quite shocked when I found Chris online and was able to chat for a little while. What a great treat! I was so excited. This is the first time I have had the opportunity to chat with him online since he got to Iraq.

He is doing great and has been on the move a lot lately. He was in great spirits and said he thinks his body is getting used to the high temperatures. He was quite excited that they had gotten the Starbucks coffee from the Starbucks in Flordia and the Middlebrooks. The guys loved it and wanted everyone involved to know how much they appreciate what you guys are doing for them.

He has been so busy lately and said he has been running around like a chicken with his head chopped off. He's not complaining though because it is making time go by very quickly. He was very happy that about two weeks ago he got a chance to see Captain McGrue. He said McGrue was having some problems with his had that he got shot several months ago and was seeking treatment. We are all praying that there is no permanent nerve damage or other problems that can't be resolved.

I am so thankful that everytime we hear from Chris he always assures us he is doing great and things are good where he is. I couldn't imagine if he was miserable and hated what he was doing. I think we would both be going crazy. He continues to like his job a lot and is making the most out of his tour. I thank God for that everyday!

It absolutely makes my day when I hear from Chris and to chat with him online was really awesome. My everyday is spent hoping to get an email or call or find out something about what he is doing. When we are fortunate enough to get news from him it puts us on top of the world!

No comments: