Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Operation Soccer Ball Underway

Every time I email or talk to Chris I always ask him if there is anything that he needs or wants. The only thing he has really ever mentioned was that it would really be cool if he could get some soccer balls to give out to the kids and some of the towns people. Well, that's all it took. I was very excited that he finally gave me something to work towards. It was time to get the ball rolling!

I contacted Academy Sports and Outdoors to see if they would be interested in helping and they graciously donated 10 balls. A friend of mine put me in contact with one of his friends that was a Rawlings Sports representative and I was given a great deal to purchase additional soccer balls.

Today we shipped out 40 soccer balls and 4 pumps. Chris is so excited and can hardly wait until they arrive. He really likes when he gets to spend time with the Iraqi kids and plans on giving them out as soon as he gets them. The balls will give Chris and the other Soldiers in his unit the opportunity to do something special for the kids.

I am so happy that Chris finally said something he would like to receive. It was really a great feeling to put the box in the mail today...I know it's something that will make Chris smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris has a big heart and I can see where he learned the kindness of giving. Can't wait to see some photos of Chris with the children playing soccer!

Lidia PAM of Anthony