Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wrong Button

Sometimes the littlest things can make the biggest difference. Before Chris deployed, he called the house one evening when we he knew we would not be home and left a goodbye message on our answering machine. He left each one of us a special message and told us to keep smiling and that he would be home soon. It was so heartfelt and had helped me through so many rough days. Well, today I had a new message left on the answering machine and when I went to check it I hit the wrong button.

My heart immediately sank! I felt horrible! I stared at the answering machine as if it would come back if I stared hard enough. My security blanket was gone. I knew the message was precious but now that it's gone, I realize just how priceless it was and how many smiles it brought me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Dottie. Hopefully Chris will leave you another one that you can listen too. I know hearing their voice is the most precious and priceless thing we have to hold on to. And just hearing it can really turn a blue day gold.