Friday, June 29, 2007

Coke...It's The Real Thing

I was in Las Vegas this week on business and can say I came home a winner...Chris called which was as good as hitting a jackpot. I know I sound like a broken record but he was so upbeat and positive about what he was doing. He thought it was pretty cool that an Iraqi child bought him Coke the other day. He said the Coke was really good since he usually only gets water but I think it made it even more special because it was bought for him by one of the kids. He seems to really enjoy the time he gets to spend with the kids. They are such victims and any enjoyment he can give them gives him a lot of satisfaction. He said they really love soccer and asked if I could get some soccer balls rounded up to send his way. My plan is to get with Academy and see if they would be interested in donating a few for the cause. If not, I'll make sure they get some, one way or the other.

It is quite apparent to me from talking to Chris that he is thoroughly enjoying his mission and has a great deal of respect and admiration for the people he works for and with. He is very proud of the difference they are making and loves interacting with the Iraqi children.

I am so proud of the job that all the Soldier's are doing. I have so much admiration for all of them that despite the conditions they are surrounded with, they keep on keepin on! Thanks to them all!

No comments: