Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Military Mom's Prayer

Father, I come to you as the God of all power and authority. I acknowledge that You alone are the source of any victory. Your word says, The heavens are the heavens of the Lord, but the earth you have given to the sons of men. Give us grace and wisdom to manage the earth according to Your purposes.

Jesus, I ask that you would be with my son. That you would keep him pure, and guard his heart from evil. Use him Lord in your purposes to defend the weak and oppose the wicked. Lord, I ask that You would honor his dedication to what is right, and give him and his comrades victory in their struggle against injustice.

Let Your presence surround our family as a shield. According to Your word, be a father to the fatherless, and watch over our Soldiers and their families during their absence. Lord, use this time of separation to draw everyone nearer to You.

Lord I ask that you would give wisdom to my Son's commanders, courage for them in the face of danger. Help my Son to do his duty in a way that would honor You. Lord we know that the battle is not won by might, but by Your spirit. May My Son be filled with Your spirit and may Your hand of victory go before him. I pray in Jesus mighty name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. This is just what I needed. My son is in the Navy and is over in Iraq also.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much...I needed this, my son is in the Army also over in Iraq, and I am finding it very difficult...Wendy in Amesbury, MA