Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Unknown

Sometimes the unknown can be tough to handle. Last week Chris notified us that he would be leaving the FOB and going to an undisclosed location for an extended period of time. He has arrived at the new location and is doing okay but the unknown is driving me crazy. I was doing pretty good coping with things up until now because I knew where he was and when I heard the news, I could conclude where it was in regards to Chris and in essence, put my mind at ease. Now, everytime I hear the news my first reaction is to wonder if Chris was involved.

Chris' mail will be forwarded to him so don't hesitate to keep in touch. The mail and packages are still a tremendous morale booster. The new location has no air conditioning and the temperatures are well into the 100's. He also said that he has no running water and hasn't had a shower since arrival and has quite an odor.

It seems like communication is going to be a little harder at the new location so I am trying real hard to keep remembering that God is watching over Chris and that he is going to be okay. This is just another challenge that I can, and will overcome. I promised Chris that I would try to not worry and I will do the best I can to keep that promise! Boy it's tough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you "not knowing" where they are or what they are doing is the hardest thing to overcome.
I keep hoping for them to get more phone and internet service and I am sure they will but it's not fast enough for me.
Keep up the good work here. I thank you for the info you provide.

Anonymous said...

I too am appreciative of the info that you provide.
I look at this with a different opinion. We aqll have jobs to do in this war. Our sons and loved ones are doing what they do in harms way. The other half of this job is ours. We are supposed to worry. We wouldnt be good parents or family members if we didnt. It is our job to do that

My son is still at Hammer. They have had at least one incoming round and that is just another part of war.

We all still need to keep a positive attitude.