Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Taking The Little Things For Granted

It's amazing how many times a day I wish that I could pick up the phone and see what Chris is up to...how his day is going...tell him about my day...see what he had for dinner or just to tell him I love him and miss him. I wish so many times that I could just give him a hug and tell him how proud I am of him. I took all those litle things for granted for so many years and now they are so precious. I am always wondering how he is doing, where he is, what's new, and on and on...He's always on my mind! I treasure all the emails and calls and they are worth a million bucks and I appreciate it even more so because I know how difficult it is to make it happen. The guys are so busy and access is so limited and I know communication is a challenge. I do know that from now on I will never take the little things for granted.

I got an email from Chris today and he is doing well. They have a generator now and they have a water tank that they use to take showers. They do not have a DFAC but he said they get T-Rats twice a day and with a little imagination, they aren't too bad. He continues to be very busy and is very pumped about what he is doing. He reminded me that he was safe and not to worry. Emails can sure make a lousy day a great day! Anytime I hear from Chris, no matter what kind of day I'm having, it suddenly gets better!

No comments: