Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Update on Dottie

Hello everyone! My name is Joey San Martin and it is an honor to fill in today for my wife. Our day started at 0400 to get to the hospital by 0500. Dottie was scheduled to undergo a hysterectomy today at 0800. I am pleased to announce that the surgery was a complete success. She was in surgery for almost 2 hours and then she was in recovery for another hour and a half. The two gentlemen that Dottie and I work for made arrangements for Dottie and I to be put into a special wing of the hospital that makes it just like we are staying in a hotel. We basically have our own nurse and the wing has a personal chef that prepares meals that are amazing. We have been here all day with my step-daughter, my mom, my dad and my step-mom. Chris tried to call before the surgery but we were in the basement and the call did not come through. He did manage to call once we were in the room and Dottie was able to talk to him. Patricia, Chris's fiancee, came by with Victoria, her daughter and they brought two boxes filled with many delicious treats from the bakery. Dottie has a weakness for sweets and as soon as she can have solid food, then she will do her magic act and make them all disappear. My sister stopped by and brought flowers and well wishes. As crazy as it sounds, Dottie was on the internet for thirty minutes tonight scouring the feeds and posting her information for all of you that follow her blog. Maybe Chaplin Randall will read this and add her to his prayer list. My wife uses this blog as her therapy and has come to realize how many of you rely on her for information about your loved ones who are overseas. That is why the trooper that she is insisted on doing her research tonight. It has been a privilege to bring you this update on the love of my life and I wanted to let Chris know that I am taking care of the home front while he protects our country. Thanks for letting me fill in and we appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. God Bless and keep smilin'! JSM IV

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joey I knew there would be something on the blog today concerning Dottie and THANK YOU so much for letting us know her condition. Prayers answered! Sounds like she is surrounded by many of her angels and favorite foods. What more could a girl ask for? LOL Anyway give her my best and continued prayers for healing being sent her way.

Love and Prayers,
Lidia PAM of Anthony

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have updated all of us on how Dottie is doing, a huge thank you!!! I will continue to keep her and the rest of the family in my prayers as she faces these trying times.
She is a blessing to a lot of us and it is nice to see that although times are rough, she is recieving blessing's as well.
God Speed,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We are happy that things went well for her.

Brinson's mom said...

Dear Footprints in the Sand:

We hope you are doing well afer your surgery.
We are so appreciative of your site. It's very personal and we appreciate the photos that are posted. Our son is in the Alpha Troop, 3-1 CAV.
The music is wonderful and we appreaciate your work.
It is theraputic for us to go to your site daily.
God Bless you during your recovery.
Bulldog's wife and Brinson's mom

Sophie said...

Thank you for the update on Dottie! We will continue to keep her in our prayers. She is such a strong and amazing woman with a big heart for everyone. Our best to her and your family!

God bless,
Sophie (fiancee of 1LT Eng HHT 3-1CAV)

Airborne dad said...

Thanks for the update. Gayle and I will keep her/and family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the update. You are right about us using this blog for our own comfort. My grandson is not in the 3-1 Cav but that doesn't make a bit of difference I check Dottie's blog daily, some times 2 or 3 times a day. Prayers are with her and her loved ones at this time. Get well soon and keep up the good work.

Joanne