Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Great Day!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day in San Antonio and a great day from start to finish! My day started with hot Krispy Kreme donuts and a cup of one of my favorite Starbucks blends (Pike Place) served to me in bed.

The weather was so beautiful and I had spent the entire week inside the office that I decided to spend the whole day outside in my "stress relief" garden. It was so relaxing. I went inside late afternoon to take a phone call and was just getting ready to go back outside when Chris called to wish me a Happy Birthday...the next best thing to him being with us! That truly MADE my day!

He was in great spirits and made me laugh with his crazy wit. I love talking to him when he is "wound up". He's hilarious! He said things are still quite active where he is and he's staying very busy. With less than 30 days to go before starting the journey home, they are still going full speed ahead.

I told him we were going out for Mexican food tonight for my birthday and he said to eat some for him. He really misses his bean and cheese tacos! He said the food isn't too bad...it's sort of comparible to hospital food as far as not having a lot of seasoning. He said they have quite a variety of things...chinese, steaks, steamed lobster, fetticunni alfredo, lots of peas and corn, some grilled food and more. Almost everytime we talk to him he tells us how much he is looking forward to getting home so he can have some of his favorites like bean and cheese tacos from Taco Cabana, Blue Cheese chopped salad at Outback, Whataburgers, and on and on... Believe me, I will be happy to get him ALL his favorites as soon as he gets home.

I was so happy that despite Chris being so busy, he found time to call and wish me a Happy Birthday. Two birthdays in a row, he has made my day special...all the way from Iraq. I look forward to next year's birthday when Chris will be on American soil!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my sounds like you had a perfect Birthday! Many blessings to you on your special day.

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday dear Dottie!
Happy Birthday to You!

Your friend,
Lidia PAM of Anthony- coming home soon!

Airborne dad said...

What a wonderful birthday gift. It's all a mother could ask for.

Mark