Friday, October 26, 2007

No News Is Good News?

They always say, "no news is good news" but when you have a child in Iraq it's really hard to believe that old saying. Tuesday, COP Cashe was hit be a rocket. As a Mom, my heart sunk. I know there were no casualties but what about injured? We have not heard from Chris since Monday and that seems like an eternity. We all have AOL so usually we can at least check the status of the mail we have sent him and at least see if he had checked his mail. None of our mail from Wednesday or Thursday have been checked yet.

I am very worried but I have to remember that everything is in God's hands. I know that worrying doesn't do any good but I haven't figured out how to make myself turn off the worrying. It is amazing how this deployment has made me truly appreciate communication. Even though it might be a very short email that says nothing more than "hello", you know they are okay. I miss being able to pick up the phone and let Chris know I'm thinking about him and how my day is going. I miss being able to call him after we watch our show, Grey's Anatomy and discuss the highlights and our favorite scenes.

I am hoping that due to the rocket attack at the COP that Chris is just super busy with his job and has not had time to write, call or even check his email. Until we hear from him I will continue to do a bad job of trying not to worry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Son is in same locale so same concerns here after reading about rocket fire! Have been checking all known sites he visits and he had not signed in. Sent e-mails, etc. Finally heard from him today through a quick e-mail letting me know he was okay and he will write more later. Thank God for the Internet in this case! I do not know how well I would hold up without at least the contact it affords.

Job 3:25
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Job made it through. Trust in the Lord always. Helps me to remember not to be afraid because the thief cometh not but for to steal, kill, and destroy. Oh, I will be worried and concerned but I will not fear...

God bless you and your family!