Sunday, November 25, 2007

Letter From Captain McGrue

25 November 2007


Greetings, Hellraiser Family,

I sincerely hope that this letter finds everyone doing well and restful after the long weekend. As for the men and I, we are doing well.

Since I have last written, the Can Do Task Force has executed several successful operations further enhancing the stability and security within our region; and Hellraisers have had the opportunity to play major roles within these operations. Whether it is the S3 Soldiers monitoring the radio to properly battle track the operation, the Scouts standing by at a location ready to assist if needed, or the Mortars executing their tasks, each Hellraiser has played an increment role allowing the mission to be successful and I am thankful to be serving with them. I often travel the battle space to meet with the men. Each time I visit with them, they display a positive and can-do spirit. Your loved ones are amazing a s they continue to complete their tasks on a daily basis.

When I wrote last, I could not remember the third question that was proposed to me at the time of the FRG Meeting. Shortly after sending the email, I remembered that the wives wanted to see more pictures of their loved ones. So as I continue to go out and visit with the men, I take my camera in hopes of capturing them in their everyday activities so you can see up to date pictures of them. Now I just have to find by USB cable so I can download those pictures, so please be patient with me.

I want to commend all those that are participating in the FRG Program. I am amazed how far our FRG Program has taken off and I know it is through all of you back there supporting it. Please continue to do so for only we can be successful together.

As the holiday season is upon us, we are attempting to bring some of the festive spirit here. We presently have a tree posted in the company command post here on FOB Hammer. Ursula has sent another tree which will be posted at COP Cleary when it arrives. Please feel free to send your loved ones an ornament to help them decorate the tree.

Lastly, as we end this Thanksgiving weekend, I want to thank all of you back home continuing to support your loved ones. The support you give them is what keep these men going and it is truly appreciated.

Take care and God bless,


‘Gru
--
Respectfully,

Captain Arthur L. McGrue III
Company Commander
Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment

No comments: