Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sometimes Life Comes At You Fast...

Since March, when Chris deployed I have been anticipating with excitement his 18 days of R&R and even more so his final return. For those of you that know me, you know that I tend to go overboard to make things perfect. As a distraction to Chris being deployed, I started a remodeling project on the house so when Chris came home, everything would be new and it would be a surprise to Chris. I had dreams of Chris walking in to a house full of Christmas spirits and all his favorites Christmas cookies baked and all his favorite foods on the menu. My dream was for a perfect homecoming.

Well, I found out yesterday that I go into the hospital next Tuesday for major surgery. I will be out of work for six weeks and will be very limited on my activity. Sometimes life comes at you fast and puts things back into perspective. After the shock of the news and the panic of how am I possibly going to be ready for Chris' homecoming, Christmas and Chris' wedding, I realized that the most important thing is that Chris would be home...not that I would have a perfect setting. The most important thing was that we would all be together for Christmas...not that I would have all the gifts bought and wrapped and under the tree and a table full of favorite foods. The most important thing is that Chris was getting married...not that I might not have the perfect dress to wear. I am a perfectionist and this is a challenge that I must and will overcome. I know that God is in control of things and this is the master plan.

Sometimes life comes at you fast and you just have to hang on for the ride!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for you and hope that you will be well enough to enjoy your son when he is home.

My son will be back in January for his R & R. He is with the 1-10 FA and was actually with your sons unit for a few weeks.

Lou Costello
Mableton, Ga

Anonymous said...

Sending you prayers that you will recover quickly and most of all that God's divine plan is fulfilled. Will call you soon!

Love and Prayers,
Lidia PAM of Anthony

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you. May God completely heal your body and may you have a speedy recovery. Things will be exactly the way they are supposed to be when Chris comes home. Remember things do not always go the way WE want them to go but somehow they always go the way God intended them to go. May you go to HIM for your strengh. He will be with you through it all, even Chris's return. God Bless you and your family.

Buffy Hutchison
SGT Christian Tryon's mom from:
A-Co 1-15IN 3rd ID

Anonymous said...

I, too, will keep you in my prayers. My son will be coming home sometime around the holidays....and like you I'll just be glad to have him home. Take care of yourself. That's what Chris wants.