Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving With Flat Chris

"Is it done yet, Mom?"

Saturday we had Thanksgiving at our house for my family and friends. It was wonderful to all be together...even Chris. I know some people might find it strange but Flat Chris was with us the whole day. The entire time I was cooking, Chris was sitting at the bar and I could just hear him saying, "is it almost ready". The joke was that Chris was sure eating light this year...must be getting ready for his wedding. Our Flat Chris has been a joy and softens the blow during special times and helps us make it through the sometimes very tough days. Nobody passes Flat Chris without making a comment or patting him on the shoulder...he is ALWAYS on our minds and in our hearts but it is sure great to see his smiling face!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea. I don't think it is strange at all.
I like the flat Chris. That way he is with you all of the time.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the flat Chris from?? I would like to get one for myself and for my grandkids.

Dottie San Martin said...

Hey Barb,

I ordered my Flat Chris at the following website. It comes as a roll and you have to adhere it to foam board (that is what I used but anything rigid will work) and then cut around the photo with an exacto knife. If you have any other questions, please send me your email and I will try to answer them. Have fun!! It has helped us cope with Chris' deployment with a little laughter.

Dottie San Martin said...

http://flatdaddies.com/

Oops...I forgot to include the link