Sunday, May 13, 2007

Military Mom's Prayer For Her Son

Military Mom's Prayer

Give me the greatness of heart to see,
The difference between duty and his love for me.
Give me understanding, so that I may know,
When duty calls him, he must go.
Give me a task to do each day,
To fill the time when he's away.
When he's in a foreign land,
Keep him safe in your loving hand.
And Lord, when duty is in the field,
Please protect him and be his shield.
And Lord, when deployment is so long,
Please stay with me and keep me strong.
Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Everyday, I feel as if MY LIFE is a challenge. From the time I awake until the time I go to bed, I can't stop thinking about my own son; Michael, BCO 3-1 DRIVER FOR AND MEMBER OF THE CAV SCOUTS, currently in Iraq on a "MISSION". I ask God to keep Michael in his arms of protection while he is away from my arms of love and affection. Since he's been gone, I pray for him everytime I think of him. This prayer has given me, yet another way of looking at the way things REALLY ARE! And another way to pray to God while I literally, consistantly beg God to watch over my son and all the other troop members of this ongoing chaos that occurs in Iraq. I feel as if I can't stop holding my breath until I hear from him. Michael, along with all the others, is in a very dangerous situation. I don't know how to deal with the empty feeling I've had since he left our home. I'm glad this was forwarded to me. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR YOUR SON, MY SON, AND ALL OF THE TROOPS WHO FIGHT FOR US TO KEEP US FREE!
Kim McIntire-Johnson
Beech Grove, Indiana
KIMFOMATION@AOL.COM