Sunday, April 8, 2007

Second Velvet Hammer

Easter Sunday, April 8, 2007
It has been several days since we have heard from Chris and had been fearing that it was due to a blackout. Our fears were right. We got our second Velvet Hammer today...it reads

Subject: RE: VELVET HAMMER
On the 8th of April I was notified by LTC Gale (3rd Infantry Division Rear-Detachment Commander) that our Brigade has suffered the loss of two of our soldiers from B/2-69 AR. The soldiers lost their lives while conducting combat operations in Iraq. The next of kin of our fallen soldiers have been notified. I ask you for your prayers for these Sledgehammer soldiers and their families

Respectfully,
LTC Scott Quagliata

This is all the information we received so we hope and pray that Chris and Nick (Chris' best friend) are okay. Easter was a bit sad for us, as we didn't even get to talk to Chris or get and email from him. I pray he had a good Easter despite his surroundings. Happy Easter, Son! We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Footprints in the Sand:
I was scanning the internet for any contacts for FOB Shakoosh and found yours. My son is there too with A Troop 3-1 Cav! Thank you for the pics that you have enclosed in the blog site! We too get the same Velvet Hammers and emails from the FSG. My son's Sgt. is Sgt Hall. My son is Cpl. Gregory Faust. This is his second combat tour there with the 3rd ID. Undoubtably my son and your son will be in contact with each other. We will read your blogsite with great interest. Stay in touch with us. My email is Daibando1@aol.com We live in Tucson Arizona.

MSoto said...

I too was scanning the internet for any contacts for FOB Shakoosh/Hammer and found yours. My son is there too with: A-Co. 1-15 3ID. This is his first tour. My son is PFC Jerry Soto. Thank you for your blog site and the pics you attached as well as the links to the helpful websites. I look forward to seeing what you will post next. Blessings to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi there...I was just scanning the internet and found your site. I'd like to let you know that my husband is on his 3rd tour in Iraq and he too is at FOB Hammer with A Co 1-15. I run a support forum called myfamily i'd like to invite whoever would like to join including yourself. my email is haven950@aol.com All the wives and families of 3rd ID are on there and if you'd like to please shoot me an email and i'll send you an invite to join! Have a great day! -Alyssa Hawkins

Sunny B said...

Hell Brave Families, I am guilty of scanning the website too. I'm a Military Rookie from California! My son is also in the A-Co, 1-15 3ID. I have heard him speak of Soto! My son is PFC Cody Bailey and I believe they know each other! It would be great to talk with you msoto. If you would like to email me please feel free at Baileycpu@msn.com. He just celebrated his 21st birthday on April 5th in Iraq! My birthday was March 29th and it sure was hard not hearing from him this year but I got a phone call on Friday, April 13th (Lucky Day!) BEST DAY EVER!!! I plan to email you Alyssa so I can speak to others. This is such a difficult time for all the families and friends. What a wonderful website! God Bless all of you!!!