Friday, April 13, 2007

YEAH...They're Open

I found these photos at Hammerslogger.com and was so excited!
Friday, April 13, 2007
Friday the 13th isn't such a bad day afterall. Today was a great day at FOB Hammer. Today was the grand opening of "Hammer X", the small PX at the FOB. I'm sure today was like Christmas...now they can at least go get a soda or a bag of chips. Then a couple of hours later the Desert Grille DFAC opened for lunch serving hamburger, hot dogs and other famous backyard favorites for the soldiers. I'm sure the soldiers are very appreciated that they will no longer have to rely on a MRE for lunch. Rumor has it that this is just the beginning. Supposedly more computers with Internet access, AT&T phones for Soldier’s to use and a barber shop on the way. This was exciting news for me and it helped with MY morale...I can only imagine that it boosted the morale of the troops.

1 comment:

loouuii said...

A grille, PX and barber shop. I thought they went to Iraq.

I hope they all get to enjoy all of it. They need diversions from what they are really there for. I pray for them every day.

Nam vet