Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ya'll Are A Huge Part Of My Morale Boosting

Got a nice surprise today. I have set up my cell phone to send me a text message if I get an email from Chris. That way I will be notified right away. At about 6:00 this evening I got a text letting me know that I had an email. Well, I couldn't get to the computer fast enough. Chris is back at FOB Hammer and had a safe, uneventful trip. He referred to it as a mini vacation. He sounds great. He was very excited that he got back to the FOB and had a wonderul surprise.

Chris writes
"I got my packages from you and from a bunch of other people too!!!!! It was the most wonderful thing ever to come back and see like 12 packages all on my cot waiting for me. I shared with the guys in the tent and they were very greatful. First off thank ya'll so much for my packages, I love the sudoku game, the movies from granny and paw paw, all the kick ass candy, the magazines, and the stationary. It all rocks. Secondly please thank Mary, Reba and Larry, Joey's mom, Granny and Paw Paw, and Uncle Rod and Jan for me. I will email them all soon but I don't really have enough time right now. I appreciate all that they gave me and so does everyone in my tent. Mary sent me like 3 packages so far and it is really cool!"

Thank you all very much for helping keep Chris' morale up. He has remained very positive from the beginning and as you can tell by this above paragraph, the packages mean A LOT! He has a long road ahead of him and I hope and pray that he can continue making the best of it.

I will hold on to these words until the next email...
"I hope that you guys have a great day and week and just know that I am in very good spirits and happy as can be...well that is for being in a camel infested country that looks like a big brown piece of poo :) Love ya'll very much and thank you again for all you guys are doing for me. Ya'll are a huge part of my morale boosting."

No comments: