Monday, May 19, 2008

Giving Thanks!


The title of yesterday's sermon was "Thanksgiving: Giving God Thanks" and was based on Psalms 138: 1-3. Wow, how appropriate! When Chris deployed, I was devastated and wasn't sure if and how I was going to be able to cope. Once I realized that I had to turn it over to God, it became a lot easier.

So many times, we try to take on the world and all its problems by ourselves. We make life much hard than it was intended to be. We forget that God is there to help us, all we have to do is ask.

When our problems are solved or go away, many times we forget to give thanks...we just take it for granted. I survived Chris deployment because God was with us and for that I give thanks.

I have so much to be thankful for! Thanks be to God, for being by Chris' side and returning him home safely!

We have one more to go...Nick! Then we can celebrate!

No comments: